Tuesday, December 5, 2006

December 5, 2006

Arrgh, snow! Elliot had an appointment at the IWK yesterday afternoon, so I bundled him into the stroller while it was raining and off we went. By the time we left the hospital, it was snowing great big fluffy wet flakes and by the time we got home the roads were covered and the stroller was a white bump in front of me. I had put the plastic weather shield over the whole thing so he was nice and toasty, and slept through everything. I, on the other hand, was a freezing, soggy mess - I did not plan ahead for my comfort, only his! I was wearing sweat pants, and was dragging snowballs behind me. The cuffs got so wet that by the time we got home and I was carrying the stroller up the front steps, my pants fell down. Yep, thankfully I was wearing Jay's raincoat and it covered my butt - otherwise I'd have been mooning the neighbours!

The power went out around 5:30. Elliot and I hung out in candle light, watching all the people on the roads who must have forgotten how to drive. The main road was pretty much a stand-still, and people kept trying to take short cuts down our street. THat didn't work out so well for them - worked for us, though, because when the power went off. there was enough light spilling in the windows from the line of cars that i could see to light the candles. (Elliot LOVED the flickering candles. He was mesmerized!) I watched 2 cars cut the line of traffic, turn around in the parking lot next door and then drive down the sidewalk and out our driveway. Crazy! The power returned just before Jay got home at 8.

Going to go take the boy for a walk in the snow - with my camera! He's trying to poo right now, I think - he seems to be on an "every 3 days" schedule - and when it comes out, BEWARE! High in volume and smell. Maybe I should wait to see if he'll go before we leave... :)

No comments: