Elliot is 4 months old already! He had a check up yesterday, and he is 17 lbs 4 oz and 26 inches long. He had immunizations again and didn't even blink! Such a good boy. He didn't have any reactions to the shots either - no fever or irritation. He slept for almost 8 hours in a row last night - something he hasn't done since before Christmas. (His cold really threw him off, I think.)
His measurements now mean he's officially too long for his infant carseat. We need to get a next stage carseat that is designed to stay in the car that we don't have. These types of carseats don't have a handy handle on them, and this will make travel interesting. I think we'll invest in a heavy duty stroller and make it a point of walking everywhere, even in crappy weather.
I've been putting Elliot in his crib in his own room for naps for the last 2 weeks. Over the weekend, we put him there at bedtime. So far, so good, but it's only been 3 nights! I think it's much harder on mommy than it is on him. I've already had a few cries about it. I know he's probably going to sleep much better without the noises and distractions from our room (the cats knock things off the dresser, etc)... but he's been in a cradle next to our bed for the last 4 months. *sniff* My little boy! I miss him already!
Today I bought a white noise machine to see if it would help him nap longer. He usually fusses and wakes up after napping 40 minutes, but with the machine, I heard him fuss once then fall back to sleep at the 45 minute mark. He's still sleeping right now and it's been an hour! Woooo woooo! Let's hope it's a trend.
He rolled over today from his belly to his back 100% on his own. He rolled at 3 months, but we helped a bit - we would lay next to him on the bed and our weight would dip the mattress a touch & help him get the momentum needed.
Look out world, Elliot is coming to meet you!
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment