Scared more than a few years off my life!
Elliot climbed up on a chair and stood on it, even though he knows he's supposed to sit down (something he never does, but that's another rant) . He was in a playful mood and was half dancing half twitching with excitement because he knew he wasn't supposed to be there. I was telling him to be careful as I walked towards him (having just pulled him down from the chair at the opposite end of the table) and he pitched forward clean off the edge. Landed chest then fore-head first on the hardwood floor and his body snapped around and he was laying on his back on the floor.
He started crying and I was scared to move him because of how his back had arched around, but I needed to hold him so I soothed him while Jay tried to soothe me. He wanted to nurse and while he nursed, Jay checked his body over for bumps or broken bits. One finger looked like it got bent backwards, but nothing seems broken and he didn't complain. I checked his spine and everything is intact with no tender spots. He has no lumps or bruises yet that we can see.
It was almost nap time and I was hesitant to let him sleep, but figured he needed it. So he slept for 2 hours and is now eating lunch. Seems fine!
But wow, so scary. I've lost count of how many times this child has scared me in his tiny life!
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment