Elliot's front upper tooth has a tiny sheared off bit, at the corner. It's barely noticeable, but it is there - and it's sharp. I only discovered it because I was putting cream on his split upper lip and he was upside down in my lap.
It either happened last night when he had a bite of my nectarine but hit the pit - there was a loud crunch and he started to cry (most likely culprit) or tonight when he tripped over my boots and landed on his face on the floor - that's what we think caused the split lip (no blood, however). He didn't cry that time, though.
Elliot's so rough-and-tumble that I'm actually surprised it took this long for him to damage himself this way... but still, my poor baby!!!
~~~
Went to the dentist this morning. I'm so proud of my little boy! Jay and I both went with him, and he sat in the BIG chair all by himself. The dentist checked his teeth with his hands at first, then brought out a mirror to make sure he hadn't fractured up the back of the tooth. The tooth is fine and healthy, other than the bit of jaggedness. Then he used the (noisy!) file to smooth it out. And he checked his other teeth and gave us tips on brushing. He wasn't concerned about the pits - just told us to keep them clean as possible. We have another appointment in 6 months for his first cleaning and fluoride, and they'll check that tooth again.
The dentist would say "daddy's turn... mommy's turn... Elliot's turn." with each piece of equipment to get Elliot comfortable. Elliot opened up his mouth for him, and didn't bite or fuss or cry! The only time he was a bit alarmed was when the dentist put the chair down. But Elliot got over that in a blink. SO proud of him!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment