Sunday, March 16, 2008

March 16, 2008

My back is killing me! And I've been having BH contractions all day (nothing regular, so I'm not worried, but that combined with the sore back is making me cranky and achy.)

Saw my chiro a week ago and she said I was a mess. And said I should come back in 1-2 weeks at the most. So I booked an appointment for 2 weeks, as that's what matched my schedule best. But now I wish I'd booked it for tomorrow.

I get bad sciatica when pregnant. My pelvis has a tendency to rotate when I'm not pregnant, so it's just a joy when there's this extra growth pulling on it.

I've been sleeping with a snoogle pillow at night which is heavenly for my upper back and belly, but does nothing for my low back and knees. Ugh. Can't find a good compromise! A regular pillow between my knees and under my head is only slightly better for my low back, but then everything else hurts!!!

Guess I'll be sitting on the exercise ball and soaking in the tub a lot over the next few days.


Plus, Elliot (aka Octobaby) decided to get creative and finger-paint with his own shit during a diaper change for the first time ever. And that was in the 30 minutes I took to run out to the mall to buy some maternity tights so Jay got to deal with it (YAY!) But now Jay is so cranky he doesn't even want to look at Elliot, so I just took him for a walk and am trying to soothe my back and entertain him while Jay stews (and works) in the basement.

Oh yes, and I did ALL the dishes, cleaned out the fridge, did 2 loads of laundry (including a load of diapers that went through twice), swept the downstairs and had a play date with a sweet little girl that Elliot kept hitting. I'm done for the day, ok?! Please???


Oops, didn't mean for this to turn into a rant, just a vent about my sore back!!!

No comments: