Ugh.
Back-story: since about January, Elliot's poops have become mushier and mushier (impossible to scrape off a CD) and the odour has gotten very bad - this morning, Jay described it as if Elliot had eaten a skunk. Tonight's smelled very sour.
He has 2-3 of these mushy things per day. Otherwise, he seems to be very happy and not in pain. He does have some eczema spots, but they started before this. But, they aren't budging. They improved, but did worsen in January. But the air got colder and dryer then, too. I've switched laundry detergents.
In December, we went from 4-5 nursing sessions per day to about 2. In January, I went back to work and his consumption of regular milk skyrocketed. The poops got mushy then, and I switched him to Lacteeze milk, which I drink due to lactose intolerance, to see if it would help. No change - worse, if anything.
My plan right now is to gradually switch him over to goats milk and yogurt and cut back on the cheese (he gobbles up dairy products - very much like his mama here!!)
Maybe my colostrum is coming in and that's contributing. We're still nursing about twice per day, but I know my supply is drastically lower - it's mainly for comfort than anything. He still asks to nurse and I'm not ready to fully wean, but if it's my milk causing the problem, then I need to.
He's not overly gassy and the poops don't appear to be mucousy which I know are big signs of dairy issues. They don't hurt him coming out - except his little bum is getting a bit ready due to the frequency and ability for it to smear all over, I guess. Jay is blaming it on juice, which Elliot does get, but it's always very watered down and he drinks maybe 2 oz of the mixture all day. In any case, we're stopping the juice.
Ugh. I'm asking my dr for a referral to an allergist for myself at my appointment on Wed and I'll be asking about Elliot then, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment