Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 18, 2008

My sciatica is driving me crazy. I woke Jay up moaning in pain yesterday morning - I was so panicked because it was burning numbing pain from my hips to ankles that I could barely verbalize what was wrong and he thought Boo was coming.

Things that normally help are regular chiro (it's been at least 8 weeks since my last appt), lots of stretching, keeping active, soaking in the tub, hot packs (which I've been using) and sitting on my exercise ball (and doing pelvic rotations, etc, while on the ball).

I'm not leaking fluid, to my knowledge, but my instructions were to not take a bath But at my last appointment, my dr mentioned that baths were probably ok, as long as the tub was clean and I didn't go overboard with fragrances, etc.

I'm sitting on my ball right now and it feels nice - but I'm hesitant to do any of the rotations in case it makes Boo drop or me start contracting or breaks my water again. I've slowly started doing stretches before bed and in the morning - which feel heavenly - but again, I'm nervous. I want to soak in the tub.

No comments: