Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 24, 2008

Before my hospital stay, I was starting to puff. I sleep with socks at night unless it's really humid, and I was noticing an indent in my skin when I woke up, or at the end of the day. I never paid much attention to it, until I got out of the hospital and realized that I actually had a curve between the end of my leg and foot... and it was a normal curve! I had such slim little ankles!! And I continued to have ankles throughout my bed rest. Until today, that is.

Well, it was very humid here today. I did a lot of walking/standing. (Yep, bed rest flew right out the window. In my defense, I had a friend with a car drop in and she drove me around. But shopping makes you walk a lot!!) And now I'm all puffy. I still have a bit of indent - I can see where that slim little ankle used to be.

Ugh. I hate the term "cankles".

I've been resting with my feet up since I got home this evening. My fingers have started to puff, too. Luckily, I took my rings off due to the IV making me swell in the hospital and never got around to putting them back on, so I don't have to worry about them getting stuck on me. (Side note to self: take rings to be inspected before the end of the month or it voids warranty!!!)

*sigh*

No comments: