Elliot came up to me this morning holding the front of his pants and saying "something in there" - since we've been gradually potty training, I thought maybe he had finally realized he peed. So up we went to the bathroom and sat on his new potty seat on the toilet. Nothing. When we went to put on a new diaper, his the tip of his penis was red and he grabbed it, saying that it hurt. He was crying.
I cleaned it and looked for obvious signs of dirt, infection, etc, but didn't see anything but redness. There was a bit of odor I haven't noticed before. I put some cream on it.
I changed him this morning and gave him his bath last night - nothing out of the ordinary. I didn't see him fall on himself this morning.
I called his dr and she's booked solid today, but the receptionist said if I *could* collect a sample then I should bring him to a walk in clinic somewhere asap (as the sample has to be fresh) or to their office tonight, as it's a walk-in after 5pm.
Right now, I'm tanking him up on fluids to see what happens next time he pees. Poor boy, I hope it's not a UTI.
~~
Changed a very wet diaper not that long ago. He didn't cry or seem to notice when he peed in it, but when I washed off his penis, he said it hurt again. I put more cream on it...
And YAY it's snowing here... gonna be a fun walk/bus ride if i do need to take him in...
~~
After his nap, he grabbed the front of his pants again and said "What's my bum doing?" He must have been peeing. I changed him and again he said it hurt when I wiped him down, he actually grabbed my hand to move it away and then changed his tune - "It not hurt. It not hurt!" I haven't tried to retract the skin, the urinary opening doesn't look to be impaired at all.
Looking at his penis, it looks weird. It's curving and puffy in a few places. I don't normally spend time looking at his bits, so this could be normal, but overall, it looks bigger than I remember. Then there's that red tip. Of course, I also change Felix's diapers, so my perspective is a bit off. And, being concerned, I'm probably reading/seeing more into this than usual.
I just stepped outside to get the mail - damn, it's cold! it's mostly snow now, with rain mixed in. It was the other way around this morning. This will make travel, by any route, fun. It's the first snowfall - not that it's amounting to anything, but with the temp below freezing now, the roads will be dangerous. Everyone knows winter is here, but no one prepares until well after the first snow and it's always a disaster.
~~
The tip is visibly swollen now. So maybe it's retraction based.
Still going with a wait and see attitude. With the exception of diaper changes, he's only complained about it twice - presumably while peeing - but he's peed lots of other times, as those were some wet dipes.
I've been giving him lots of very diluted apple juice laced with probiotics, and we'll go heavy on yogurt at supper. Jay will be home within the hour and he'll take a look at it, since he's the penis expert.
~~~
By the time Jay got home last night, E's penis was visibly swollen, at the tip and down the length. We decided to wait overnight... this morning it was still a bit red but the swelling was almost all gone. He didn't complain about it before we went to daycare and the staff didn't mention him saying it hurt during diaper changes today. So, I guess it was a natural retraction thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment