With as active and clumsy as Elliot is (and with all the toddlers I know who have damaged their mouths/teeth) I'm very surprised that Elliot hasn't hurt himself more.
On the way to daycare this morning, Elliot stopped to pick up a stick but he kept on going and smashed down on his face on the sidewalk. This is a regular occurrence with him, but he hurt himself more today than usual. Typically, his hands break his fall and he just comes to rest on his face. Today, his nose was scraped and when he looked up at me, his mouth was full of blood. I didn't have any tissue in my pockets (dumb - his nose has been running like a faucet!) so I wiped some of the blood with my glove so I could see where it was coming from. he wasn't shrieking like it was major, but he was crying and I could see blood around his teeth, so I scooped him up and carried him back home - luckily we were only a few houses away. (But I was also wearing Felix, so it was an awkward return trip.)
His lip was super-puffed by time we got home and blood was running down his face. He kept spraying it on me as he talked and cried, too, so my face was a bit scary. When we got him cleaned up, we saw a nasty gash in the lip, but thankfully his teeth are fine. I honestly don't know how we keep dodging that bullet, but I hope our luck holds.
He's at daycare now, poor muffin. It looks dreadful, but he was in a good mood when I left. (He did say he wanted to come home again, but he's been saying that every time I drop him off now since his molars started cutting through.)
~~
Ugh. We got a better look at his lip tonight. That little piece of skin that attaches under the lip to the gum is severed. He's got a big scab on the top of his lip now - looks like one half of a perfect set of model lips! He's in good spirits about it, though. But when I asked him to see his lip, he backed up fast, saying "It's CLEAN! IT'S CLEAN!!!!" (Jay had to check it and clean it out because it looked like there was a bit of grit in there.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment