Monday, September 4, 2006

September 4, 2006

Back from the hospital - false alarm!

2 nights ago I started feeling very wet, like I was sitting in water. I didn't feel a gush or a drip, so I sort of ignored it, but it was there for most of the day.

We took our sweet time going in to be checked, since I knew we had until the 24 hour mark before things got crucial. We went on with our planned day - after flying kites and going for dinner, we went to the hospital and got hooked up to the fetal heart rate monitor while they tried testing the fluid. The first test was inconclusive, so we then had to wait for a doctor to come do a swab (had to be looked at under a microscope)... all came back negative and I'm still closed up tight.

Jay stayed in the room at the end of the bed and got to watch everything. He saw my cervix! (Weird) Says it looks like a marshmallow with a divot in it.

So they sent us home after almost 2 hours. Not a bad end to our anniversary - we were hooked up to the machine listening to baby's heart beat for over 20 minutes. Our little family!

So then we came home and had some wedding cake - it's still pretty good, and Jay even liked it. YAY!!!

No comments: