Tuesday, December 6, 2005

December 6, 2005

Went to the doctor's yesterday morning after breakfast. He listened to my symptoms and confirmed that I'm pregnant - even thought he didn't do any tests. He gave me paperwork for blood tests, which I'll have done tomorrow, as today I'm still in a waiting room in the Dartmouth hospital waiting for Jay. He's having surgery for a bone graft in his jaw - not pleasant! It's in preparation for a steel post to be put in so they can do a dental implant for his front tooth. Poor guy.

According to Dr. H, my due date is August 5th, but it's probably closer to the 10th as he used the wrong date. When he asked the first day of my last period, I mistakenly said Nov, 1, but it was actually the 5th. I corrected myself, but he didn't seem to hear. In any case, mid/early August is going to be the time!

I'm still cramping, still expecting my period to be there everytime I go to the bathroom, which is frequently. I'm concerned about the cramps, but according to my research, it's common and likely caused by my uterus growing and stretching to fit the baby. Still worries me, because I wouldn't think there'd be a lot of growth in the first few weeks, although the baby is only the size of an apple seed and has a spine already.

I've managed to keep the news pretty quiet. Told me doctor, the girls on the message boards (under a fake name), my naturopathic doctor - because previously we'd talked about me taking some supplements that weren't safe if I was pregnant.

And I told K, who met me for lunch yesterday. I swore her to secrecy - she won't even tell her boyfriend. It's a bit of a relief to have SOMEONE know about it. We'll probably tell G&D soon, as they're already 20 weeks along with their first. I'm sure she'll have tips and stories to share.

Starting to believe it more. Once the blood work confirms it, I'll be more convinced.

Still want to wait 10 weeks before we really tell anyone (family). Not sure if I can wait that long!

No comments: