Thursday, January 22, 2009

January 22, 2009

Felix had crappy naps yesterday. His cold/congestion was really bad. He finally passed out and slept for 3 hours in my arms last night, but when he woke around 10, his breathing was really rough. He was really sucking in his chest/neck trying to get air, so off we went to the ER. Got their around 11, the intake nurses were wonderful. He had a rectal temp of 39.8 (103.6). So they gave him a tylenol suppository (he was too congested to keep it down orally)

The tylenol brought his temp down while we waited. They did chest x-rays and tested his urine. Finally, around 2 am they determined everything was clear and sent us home. He has a diagnosis of bronchiolitis and we're to monitor his fever/eating/sleeping and if anything worsens - back we go.


Ugh.

So, after that fun night, we get up early to take Elliot to his dentist appointment (had the pits on his front teeth filled in - I'm so proud of how well he did!) and I also took him to the doctor because he's so clingy and sounds kinda delirious on a daily basis now. He has a DOUBLE ear infection. Less than 2 weeks ago, he was on antibiotics for a small infection in his left ear. Left is bad now but right is even worse. He's on different abx now. Hopefully it clears stuff up for him. I was so out of it due to lack of sleep last night that I forgot to get the dr to listen to his chest and comment on all the coughing (I did tell the dr about the coughing, but he checked the ears and that's as far as we got.)

So, Felix was asleep this whole time. He nursed at 7am, threw up a chunk of it and a lot of mucous, fell back to sleep until almost 8:30, cried through a diaper change then fell asleep instantly in the Ergo when we left for the dentist a few minutes later. He slept until 12. He nursed. I went to change him - the diaper was bone dry. I nursed him again and called the ER again as they told me last night if he started sleeping more than usual or not eating/etc to bring him back in. They did fuck all for me over the phone and wouldn't advise me on what to do. I could tell he had a fever but didn't know how high since we were at Jay's office. I went and bought some infant Motrin, drugged him and he fell asleep instantly at 1 when we loaded up and headed home. Since Elliot fell asleep in the stroller, I kept walking until 2:30 when he woke up. Felix woke shortly after that. I just changed an ok wet diaper with a yucky thick poop in it. Gonna nurse him again in a minute. Took his temp again and he's fine (I knew that, but wanted to check anyway)

So, here we sit. One child on either side of me, both hacking and coughing and snotting and fussing. My poor babies!

No comments: