The latest developments in my dental saga...
I went for x-rays today, and it turns out that 2 teeth were in bad shape - the one they worked on the other day, and the tooth next to it. So they stayed after hours and drilled me again tonight. The opened up the first tooth and cleaned it out again and put another temporary filling in it. They opened up the second tooth but it turns out that it still had a firm bottom despite the hidden decay, so they didn't do a root canal. It's now packed full of cavity-fighting stuff and capped with a temporary filling. If I'm still having pain tomorrow, they'll open both up again, do a root canal on the second tooth and then see what else might need to be done. If I'm not in pain, then I keep the temporary fillings for another 10 weeks, then go back for more x-rays and permanent fillings on both.
What an ordeal!! Jay came with me for this appointment, and I felt more prepared going into it. (Speaking of Jay, his surgery went very well and he had minimal swelling today. He's taking antibiotics but hasn't had to take any pain killers!)
Please keep your fingers crossed that I get a good night's rest tonight. Last night I managed to get about 6 hours, because I slept sitting up. But I also discovered that that position causes leg cramps - I had 3 last night!!
Update:
no more tooth pain!! that second drilling/freezing/cleaning appointment did the trick. my temp filling seems a bit wonky, though. it's rather flakey. I hope it hold for another 9 weeks, until my follow-up appointment. *fingers crossed*
i'm officially off work now, as of the 15th, and it feels wonderful!!!! no more setting the alarm clock in the mornings, and i can nap in the afternoon. YAY!!!! and i can finally get all the housework done that i've been wanting to do for months...
had a drs appointment on tuesday. everything is good - i've only gained a pound, which is great, baby's heart rate was 136/138, baby still is head down. my dr was supposed to do the swab to test for the Group B Strep bacteria that can be present (if i test positive, i have to be hooked to an IV during labour).. but she didn't do the swab as i'm still taking penicillin for my tooth, and that would temporarily kill off that bacteria! i'll have the swab done next week, then... funfun!
i got to be a bridesmaid last weekend, that was fun - there's nothing classier than an 8 month's prego bridesmaid, is there??? i had a blast.
and in other random thoughts: today marks 1 month left until due date! EEE!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment