Had a baby shower last weekend (thanks SO MUCH mom and Jennie, for all the hard work and thought that you both put into it!) it was a lot of fun... and there was TONS of food there, from lobster dip to chocolate dipped strawberries to a huge trifle to pans full of squares. yummy. i'm drooling just remembering it all!!! There was a smaller than expected turn out, but lots of fun anyway.
It was soooo humid at mom's, nearly unbearable. I swelled up very badly and had to take off my amber ring that Jennie gave me almost a year ago. My wedding rings are still on, but pretty tight. My ankles and toes were so puffy it hurt to walk. It's cooler being home in the city now and the swelling have gone down a bit. But it makes me wonder what August has in store! I thought I'd be pretty good at handling the heat, but if we get many days like that up here, I might lose my mind!
I took the shuttle to mom's - 5 whole hours worht! I stopped drinking fluid about an hour before they picked me up and made it the whole way, with only 1 break. I was rather dehydrated and head-achey by the end. We were just coming off the highway when we got stuck behind an old car parade. Another shuttle passenger really had to go to the bathroom so the driver pulled out onto the shoulder and tried to drive past the 7-8 cars who were also waiting. A police officer came running over to stop us, but the driver quickly rolled down his window and said he had a pregnant lady on board who had to use the bathroom quickly. The police office made us wait a bit longer, but we were the first car on the road after they went by. Luckily, by the time we reached the gas station, I had to go too, so it wasn't a total lie!
On Saturday, Jennie & I went for a walk then she gave me a manicure and a bikini & brow wax. It's been 10+ months since I've had a bikini wax and with the increased blood flow & sensitivity due to the pregnancy OW - IT HURT!!! I was yelling and Jen was trying to finish quickly. I made it, but boy. That'll be it for a long while!
Jay had nearly finished painting the nursery when I got back home. The walls are called "Casual Cream" and the trim is an orange called "Nice Spice". Pretty! The crib is currently in the guest room along with most of the other baby stuff. Soon!
Had my first 2 week dr's appointment today - until now, they've been every 4-5 weeks. Just another sign that things are getting closer! I'm 31.5 weeks along, measuring 32 weeks, my weight is 170 lbs (up 5 lbs in 2 weeks - i better start keeping an eye on that!). Baby's heart rate is averaging 145 beats per minutes. My blood pressure is great...
I have been feeling some odd pains that are similar to a bladder infection. I mentioned it to my dr, and she tested my urine but found no signs of infection. (No protein or sugars, either, which is great!) When she poked at my belly to determine the baby's position, she said that his/her head is VERY LOW, so that would account for the pains i'm feeling!! As long as baby stays pointing down, i'm happy, and will put up with the odd pain. (Even though sometimes it's so sharp i make a sound or stop walking in the middle of an intersection and Jay gets very concerned!!) Silly baby... the bladder really is baby's first squeeze toy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment