Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10, 2008

Had our 6 week check up this morning. She thinks that the lingering carpal tunnel symptoms I'm having should start to dissipate in another 2-3 months (!!) once the post-partum hormones settle. Ditto the quasi-post-partum-depression symptoms I've been having. BUT she gave me a prescription for anti-depressants and I'm to follow up with her in a month.

As much as my boys need their sane, normal mother back, I'm hesitating filling the 'script. For one, I've read conflicting things about BFing while on it. Not to mention, we no longer have drug coverage and it's not cheap. But I'm thinking that with Elliot in daycare 3 days a week, I won't have 2 needing me 24/7 and will be able to rest a bit more. That alone might just get rid of all my PPD signs.

I've been having odd bladder/hoo-ha issues, so she checked me out and did a PAP. Good news is that I don't appear to have a UTI or a yeast infection. But she did a swab to see if I have any unusual bacterial growth. I'll get the results in a week or so.

And I got a prescription for the mini-pill. I took it after Elliot and did well on it - no huge plummet in my milk supply, a drop, but nothing major.

*sigh*

Felix had a good check up. He's a BIG boy!!! 13 lb 14 oz and 23 inches. 95%/90%. And his 'magic spot', unicorn horn is definitely a birth mark. She figures it will fade by time he's 5 yrs. I hope to - it's hard to see exactly where his hair line is, but I think it's just under it.

No comments: