Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 18, 2008

Elliot has a low fever again today. (About 100). he's still happy and playing, but he's more clingy and moving slower than usual.

He's been curled up in "daddy's chair" with a few stuffies and a blanket watching TV, but then he'll say "All done. Play toys." Which means he isn't totally zonked.

His face looks a bit puffy, his eyes are running (clear), his nose is running (clear) and he's drooly (also clear, and this could be snot, I guess.) He also has a cough and his voice sounds strangled. If it's the same one I had/just getting over, his throat is probably killing him, too. But I didn't have the drippy nose/eyes.

I'm pumping him full of liquids (watered down OJ in a sippy with a straw is a big hit!) and letting him watch TV so he gets some "rest"... he had Motrin before bed last night. .It was an early bedtime because of a no-nap day... but it took him a while to fall asleep and he was up in the night several times.

If he were more congested, I'd be running the shower for steam, etc, but for now he seems ok (we'll do that at bath time).. I'll try to make a chicken soup today.

Ugh. And tomorrow we're having a bunch of kids over for our weekly "Story Time" - but it's a special birthday themed one and we'll read birthday themed books and eat birthday themed cake. Saturday is a big family birthday brunch and a small party with a big cake and one of his closest friends. *sigh*

No comments: