Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October 1, 2008

My chocolate addiction has seriously gotten out of hand. I don't even taste it anymore - just stuff it in my mouth. I'm spending $$$ we don't have on chocolate that makes me feel better for a split second, then I crash and when I crash, I'm no fun to be around. I know it's contributing to my PPD symptoms, along with my lack of sleep.

So far, I've come up with:
-Fresh fruit - I love peaches, nectarines, plums, etc. They're pricey, but hey, if I'm spending $30+ a week on bags of chocolate, I might as well put that towards something healthier.
-Fiber One bars - apparently, they make a chocolate one that would maybe satisfy my craving but since it's fiber, it would fill me up longer.
-Pre-cut up fruit & veggies from the produce counter. Again, pricey, but maybe would satisfy me?


Whatever the solution, it has to be healthier than chocolate and easy to eat/prepare one handed.



I've long since made the associate that chocolate soothes me - it's my comfort food. I've always known that, but when I started BFing Elliot, I realized that my craving for creamy, sweet, rich, warm chocolate probably has a lot to do with me wanting the comfort of BFing. My mom BF'd me for 5 months. I think my body remembers it and the only thing I had found to come close to replicating that experience was chocolate. This is fine in moderation. But I don't know how to do moderation. I have zero willpower when it comes to food. The closest I've ever come to managing my cravings was a stint with bulimic tendencies. I don't want to repeat that.

No comments: