Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21, 2008

Elliot slept like crap last night. We were up with him several times. He didn't want Jay - would cry out for 'mommy'... he didn't poop yesterday and seemed gassy last night. We figured that's all it was.

But he started with a runny nose today. I put him down for his nap around 11:15 and I could hear him coughing and sneezing in his sleep. (Or maybe he was awake?) Then he started crying around 12 - when I went in, he was complaining about his nose. I wiped his nose and rocked him and sang to him, but he's up there babbling.

This is the child who regularly naps 2-3 hours. Poor thing looks exhausted. Puffy eyes, dark circles under his eyes, the whole deal. And he probably won't nap again today (I'm going to try around 3 and see what happens)... this means that I don't get to nap today, either.

I've heard of siblings getting sick or plain crazy just before the new one makes their arrival. Hopefully that's the case here and Boo shows up int he next day or so. Of course, with me not being able to catch up on my naps because I'm up with my little sicky, it's gonna be a fun ride!

~~~
Ok. Loading him into the stroller and were going for a walk (in the torrential rain). Hopefully this will knock him out and have the added bonus of prodding Boo along. Plus, if we end up at the mall I can go to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and stock up on Tiger Bombs. Chocolate and caramel and peanut butter - YUMMY!!!

No comments: