You know, it's really hard to spend quality time with someone who is intent on biting you, the sofa, his toys, the cats, the chair, himself, basically whatever he can get to his mouth, just because he thinks it's fun. I don't want to spend time with someone who insists on running his hands through a poopy diaper and then through his hair. Or someone who tantrums because the cars won't all fit in a line on the couch and therefore must all pay the penalty which includes being subject to a screaming fit, a biting and most certainly a flinging to their fiery death. It's hard to be excited about someone who is also intent on kicking you in the belly (or hubby in the crotch) during diaper changes or bath time, just for fun. Or ripping out hand-fulls of hair... And someone who wakes up for the day 1-2 hours earlier than normal and who won't go down for a nap until an hour later than normal is not high on my 'want to be with' list.
I hate putting my son in time outs all the time. At least he respects them and stays put, but it doesn't stop the behaviour.
I have a special outing planned for us this afternoon. Going to the Discovery Centre this afternoon, hopefully. I think he'll enjoy it... if he doesn't try to kill me first, that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment