Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23, 2008

Still here and still waiting. Today is my due date based on when I'm sure I conceived. (But 5 days overdue based on my doctors calculations.) I went into labour on my due date with Elliot, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for today. I see my chiro this afternoon and plan to do another marathon walk with Elliot, so maybe that will help?

My carpal tunnel is getting really bad and has me in tears today. I'm feeling very discouraged. I was just so certain I'd be holding my baby by now. I know I'm only at my due date, but I was so convinced.

I know that once Boo is here, I'll be kicking myself for being so impatient at the end. I know I should be enjoying my last few days as a mom of one, spending time with Elliot and just enjoying life... but it's just so hard to get into that mindset.

And as much as I hate daily affirmations (I just think they are so stupid) I've found myself chanting empowering things to myself in the mirror. Things about how my body knows what it's doing, how I will be a good mom to two, how things are happening just as they are supposed to.

*sigh* I know there's an end in sight. I just wish I could actually see it.

And the phone calls - I never had that with Elliot. But seriously, people, do you really think I'm going to up and have the baby and not tell anyone? And I can't NOT answer the phone - that's worse. They keep calling because they think no answer means I'm in the hospital. I should just change the message, I know.

No comments: