Thursday, August 14, 2008

August 14, 2008

My mom came over this morning and was here for the whole day.
I had a nice shower.
I pumped off a bottle and Elliot and I went for a Mommy & Me Adventure by ourselves to the grocery store.
I got to nap for a full hour!
This afternoon, I implemented a new 'be gentle with Felix' tool for Elliot - I put 10 small treats (smarties, yogurt raisins, etc) into a container - if/when he hurts Felix, I take a treat away. He had 8 left to eat after supper.
After naps and lunch, I loaded both car seats into mom's car and we went shopping. I spent $30 at the dollar store buying goodies for a 'nursing basket' to bring out when I'm BFing so Elliot has something new to look through.
I bought a second hand, tandem double stroller (they actually delivered it to me tonight) and I can't wait to take to boys out in it.
Mom made 2 big casseroles for us to eat over the next few days.
Mom left and N (the former nanny) came for a quick visit.
Jay was late coming home and Elliot ate supper about 30 minutes later than usual, but that was ok...

I feel good today. Of course, I had mom with me all day, but still, I felt I was managing. Jay even commented on the fact that I was smiling and in a good mood when he got home. (Must have been the cosmopolitan I was drinking...)

No comments: