We did our usual routine. We went over the "Sleep Rules" (which worked beautifully for about a week, then the sticker rewards just didn't hold his interest anymore.) I rocked him and sang to him. Put him in his bead and left. He was in the hallway before I was downstairs.
Between Felix screaming and Elliot yelling, I'm very surprised child services isn't camped outside my house right now. Crap - I just looked - there is a car parked out there with a woman in the back seat staring at my house. Oh well. Whatever.
Then Elliot filled his diaper with one of his rottenest poops ever. Cleaned that up and re-tucked him in again (silently, I try not to talk with him if/when I have to go back in). No luck. Went back up and started hauling things out of his room - toys, books, the rocking chair, and tucked him in again.
Just put the baby gate up in his doorway so he couldn't get out and he's been crying off and on for the last 10 minutes. He's got 5 more minutes and then this nap is over. I'll give him lunch, toss him in the stroller and we'll go about our day. If he gets a 30 minute snooze, so be it. Early bedtime tonight.
He can't be outgrowing naps yet, can he??? He doesn't go to sleep until 9ish at night and then he's up at the crack of dawn. This child NEEDS to nap. I need him to nap or I'm going to hurt him.
Ahhhh... silence from upstairs! Could it be???!
I guess tomorrow I'll start his nap routine later - maybe around noon instead of 11. Maybe that will help knock him out. But I count on that 11 am nap so desperately.....
Nope. He's yelling again.
~~~~~~
We'll, this is a first. Brought him down, gave him his lunch. Came in a few minutes later and saw this:



No comments:
Post a Comment