Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December 12, 2007

Well, last night was long. And so was today.

Elliot woke at 1:39am with a very demanding cry. I went in, gave him some water, his soother, then rocked him because he wouldn't lay down. I was feeling very crappy, so I put him down and tip-toed downstairs for an apple and some water. I was downstairs until 2:15. Quietly came upstairs. Crawled back into bed. Within 15 minutes, he was crying again. More water. More soother. Checked his front - diaper hadn't leaked. He laid down again and I went to throw up. Went back to bed. Crying again. This time, I let him cry for a few minutes, then went to check on him. Gave him his soother. Left. He cried for a few minutes then was quiet. Then started up again. I went to check on him and his socks were off. Picked him up. Sat down to put his socks on. Noticed one was very wet - had he been chewing on it? Nope, it was pee. Checked his diaper again - it had leaked down instead of up like usual. Poor boy was cold and wet and I was letting him cry.

Turned on the lamp, changed his diaper. Changed his clothes. He cried. Started rocking him again, he snuggled in close but wasn't settling. It was nearing 3:30, so I asked "Would you like some milk?" He sat bolt upright, pulled out his soother and started babbling. Nursed him, he fell asleep. I made it back into bed around 3:45.

We both slept until 8:30. Got up, nursed, changed, we both got dressed. Had breakfast (bananas and cheerios for him, toast with cream cheese and jam for me). He watched a bit of Poko while I was getting things ready - it was Skater Ted! I recorded it.

It snowed over night and was calling for freezing rain today. We had errands to run and I had to go downtown. Decided to load him up and have him wait in the stroller outside while I shoveled. Looked outside - the sidewalk, driveway to the street and up to our bottom step were completely clear. Snow shovel fairy! No note. Who knows... but greatly appreciated!!!!!

Quickly cleared the steps and put down ice. Set off in the rain - Elliot totally cozy in the Bundle Me and the rain shield. Me in my big purple rain coat and winter boots. Made it to the library mostly dry. Returned my book and picked up my hold. Stopped to the shoe store to let him run around as he'd been in the stroller for an hour (slow going on the slushy sidewalks). Went to Pete's for some yogurt. Came home.

Little dude fell asleep in the stroller at the bottom of the street - slept for about 5 minutes until we got home. Wouldn't go back to sleep. Pooped, had some yogurt and nursed and tried again. No go. Back downstairs. Had some lunch - chicken quesadillas - and then he played for a bit. Finally, around 2, he fell down and hurt his hand but was laughing and crying. Upstairs we went. He finally fell asleep!

I went to class, had a brief interview with the general manager of H&R Block - they called it an interview, but it was really a "here's when you start" conversation. I have the job if want it and start training on January 5th (nights). So we'll see how this works.

Got my Completion Certificate. Not sure what my class average is, but it's in the 90s. I got a 92 on the final exam. I'm pleased! Got home around 6:30. Put salt on the very slippery driveway. He nursed well at bedtime, and asked to go lay in his crib. He's been a bit restless, though, I can hear the odd mutter. Hope tonight is better!

Gonna relax for a bit in front of the TV or computer, then head to bed.

Oh bugger, now he's crying.....

No comments: