Melon's appointment went well. The initial exam showed nothing wrong - she scored high on the appearance meter, I guess. She weighs 9.6 lbs, which isn't a concern. She does have a fractured tooth, which could be infected and causing her pain. They want to put her under and do x-rays. $$$
What we did do was draw blood and urine samples. I had to leave the room for that part - they held her down wrapped in a towel and put needles in her. I got all teary and they wouldn't have let me touch her if I was in the room anyway. Elliot played with Emilie in the waiting room the whole time. He loved the clinic cat (Magic) and seeing all the other animals come in.
So, with the exam, blood work, urinalysis and the worm pills I got for both cats, it cost $428. YIKES! They said they'd call with the results this afternoon. Melon is VERY glad to be home. She was so good. Growled a few times during the exam, but never bit or lashed out.
~~
7:30pm
Clean bill of health!!!!!!!!!
Vet called. Blood work and urinalysis came back normal. He wants to put her on medicine for 2 weeks which will help her stomach to empty into the intestines properly and help with nausea. But before that, we're going to try a stool softener - he was impressed by the amount of stool in her (I guess he could feel it during the exam???) and he thinks that maybe she's constipated.
Sounds like we can wait on the dental x-rays for now, since there was no sign of infection in her blood.
*big sigh of relief*
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment