What a good sleeper Elliot was last night! He cried a bit around 2, but just needed his soother. Then he woke to nurse at 5:45 and went back to sleep until 8!!!!!
Changed and came downstairs. He played for a bit, then ate a whole banana while watching Poko. He's watching the end of Lunar Jim right now.
School's are canceled here. Most of the snow washed away (there's still a good 3 inches of it everywhere) but I guess it's really icy out there. I'm glad I shoveled last night.
Nothing on the agenda for today. Maybe venture out this afternoon, I need some antacids. (Heartburn was wicked awful last night.) And it would be nice to get out of the house a bit. Maybe go tot he mall if it's not too cold/icy.
When I got up to give him his soother last night, all I could hear was water dripping and splashing. Not a good sound to hear in the middle of the night! Turns out the space between the screen and the window in our room was completely full of water! The wind was driving the rain right through the screen and there was a little lake happening! I put a towel on the sill, but only a little bit seeped under - thank god!!!
So, I made an appointment for Melon at the vet's on Wednesday morning. Trying to wrangle a ride there, or a sitter for Elliot so I can cab down for the 20 minute appointment. Poor Melon - she's throwing up again and losing weight and looking sickly. I think this may be the start of her decline. Ugh. I hate paying vet bills, but I think it's necessary this time. It's only a check up, so I imagine they'll book her for a diagnostic appointment after that. Poor thing! Gonna get pricey, I bet. Merry Christmas, Melon!!!
When you get back, we should take Bailey in, too. Have her shaved. Poor thing!
~~
7:45
Feeling pukey tonight. Ulp. Just ate, but not confident it will stay put. Bummer, not sure what else there is for supper in the house!
Well, Elliot went crazy today. I tried to put him down for a nap a little after 11. He freaked out. Did not want to be in his room. Did not want to be nursed. Did not. Did not. Did not. So I tried nursing him in our bed. He nursed, but still wouldn't sleep. So downstairs we came. He looked exhausted. Super whiny. Stumbling. Tiny bumps sent him screaming. Gave him some lunch. Let him watch TV. Tried again at 1. Screamed! Forced Motrin into him. Tried nursing in our room - small success, but still freaked out. Held him in the hallway. Held him while standing up in his room. Dumped him in his crib and walked away. Went back and rocked him more. Finally, he passed out mid-tantrum in my arms. Held him for a bit longer then put him into bed. This was going on 1:30. He slept until 3:45.
While he was out, I had a mini nap on the couch.
He was in a much better and playful mood when he woke up. He is obsessed with the Christmas tree, though. Loves to pull lights off of it. So that's fun. I took some cute pictures of him in his toy box that I'll get off the camera at some point.
Had supper. Nice bath. Nursed and went to sleep like a real boy.
Monday, December 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment