Another 5 am day yesterday. I even put him to bed 30 minutes later the night before, but no luck. I nursed him and then was able to dose off while he babbled, though, so I got maybe an extra half hour. He finally started yelling at 6:30 so I had to go get him again.
Had breakfast - bananas and cheerios, I think. I put the diapers in to wash. We watched TV.
He was a cranky bear by 8:30, even though I wanted to to keep awake longer so that he'd have a more normal nap. But nope. So up we went around 8:45. Had a change. And then he lost his mind. Complete melt down, wouldn't nurse, wouldn't let me put him down, but it was plain to see he was exhausted. It took several tries, but I finally got him to pass out in my arms and stay asleep when I put him down. I came back downstairs to have an apple as I was feeling gross. It came back up. I ate a granola bar and went to bed.
We both got up around 11:30. I had a shower - pure heaven, since I didn't get one the day before. We came downstairs to play and eventually had some french toast for lunch. We went next door to take care of Motor. Came home and I decided to tackle the dishes. Did 2 more loads of laundry. The lady with all the baby clothes came back with another bag for me to go through. Played more. Nursed him for only the second time, but started feeling icky again. Threw up quite spectacularly, while fumbling for the remote so Elliot could watch some TV. Still felt crappy, but ate some pickles as they seemed to helped the day before. Felt even worse. Debated calling someone. Started crying. Called M. She came over to find me laying on the floor and Elliot diving back and forth over me, laughing hysterically.
She gave him supper while I bolted upstairs to puke again. (Ugh, pickles.) Came back down and drank half a litre of milk and some smiles and felt much better. Milk was a big, big thing for me yesterday. Nearly the whole litre gone. Have to buy more today!
She folded laundry while we watched The Going to Bed movie, and then brought Elliot upstairs and read to him while I got the tub ready. Kept me company while I bathed him. I should have asked her to do it while I went for a walk around the block or something, but I was feeling ok. Nursed him and put him to bed while she made us tea and put away the dishes. Then we curled up in the living room and watched the finale of Lost, since she'd fallen asleep while watching it when it aired. The new season starts Jan. 31. YAY!
Then we watched several episodes of Video on Trial and chatted. Somewhere in there, I made a grilled cheese sandwich and had more milk. M left around 10:30, after she shoveled our sidewalk... such a sweetheart. I have no idea how to thank her for all that she's done. Maybe a spa gift certificate? I've already told her that we'd like to take her and hubs out for supper when you're back.
Elliot slept well last night. He didn't get up until nearly 6!!!! I let him play for an hour before he yelled for me. I went in and had to change him - I think it may have been the largest poop of his life. And so mushy! Eeeeew. Nursed him around 7 and we came downstairs. I gave him a sippy of milk, which he downed. Makes me think that my supply is pretty crappy and not enough for him. Just finished breakfast of bananas and oatmeal. And more milk for me, of course. Nearly out now!!
Feeling MUCH better today. No nausea yet. Hopefully the 3-4 day cycle continues - I've been having shit days that turn great, then gradually get worse again. Hmmmm... that puts me at a shit day on Sunday. Oh well!
On the agenda for today:
Nap when he naps
Elliot won't leave the tree alone. Don't know what to do about that one!!!!
Ok, gotta go sweep up all the tree needles.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment