Saturday, December 8, 2007

December 8, 2007

Mom came to visit me this past week to 'help out'. It's been, interesting, I guess. I haven't napped much. It's been more work than relaxation. She wants to shop. She wants to take me shopping. She was determined that we get my holiday baking done. And that she take me to to buy all the things I need for the house. She only had time for us during certain periods of the day and I wasn't able to schedule much around that. Monday we did groceries. Tuesday we went to Costco. Wednesday we went to the mall. Thursday, she was here from 12-4, so I made a point of going out without Elliot. He cried when I left. Didn't help that she kept saying things like "Say Bye to mommy. Mommy's going out." While I was trying to calm him and say things like "You'll have fun with nanny. I'll be back soon."

Every day, she would show up just after he goes down for a nap, (so after I've done all the things I would want help with) so I usually end up waiting around for her, maybe taking a quickie nap myself and she just sits there, feeling unproductive, or does the dishes (which is normally a great thing, but she's really loud and sound echoes terribly in this house!) She was only here until 1:30 yesterday, so I had a very short window to clean out the guest room - a friend is moving in with us for a few months. A friend came over to help me out with the cleaning. We got a lot done, even with mom leaving in the middle of it and us having to cordon off a safe zone for Elliot. I was plain stupid exhausted by the end of the day and was asleep by 9:30 last night. Then Elliot decided he wanted to be awake between 4-5:30. I didn't like that.


We both got up around 7:30. I let him play while I dozed, and got him up to change him just before 8. Came downstairs - what a cranky pants! He wouldn't let me put him down. Wanted to be held but then would squirm out of my arms shortly after. Didn't want to play with his toys. Did want to eat breakfast. Walked around whining and fussing and biting until I put him down for an early nap at 10. Crawled into bed. Started to drift off. Phone rings - my Tupperware lady wants to drop of my orders within the hour. Ugh. Get up. Get dressed. Come downstairs. Put salt on the very icy steps and sidewalk.

Sitting here eating toast and feeling like shit. Nausea mixed with fatigue mixed with a headache mixed with what is likely the start of Elliot's cold. I put the diapers in the wash, at least. That's some sort of accomplishment.

Ugh. Feel like poop. Today would b e a good day for mom to be here so I could get a nap this afternoon. But nope, she's with her boyfriend today.

And now my computer is running super slow and it keeps telling me that my start up disc is almost full. Which should be impossible since before Jay left he added a gazzilion times the memory to my computer. *sigh*

No comments: