Yesterday was a complete write-off. Totally sucked. Little dude was not into independent play. Wasn't into eating. Wasn't into anything but watching TV or having me hold him. And I was sick and tired and nauseous and cranky and just wanted a few minutes of me time. We compromised - he watched TV while I lay on the couch for an hour in the afternoon. He would demand to come lay down with me, be content there for 30 seconds, wiggle off and repeat the whole thing.
I had tried to go out for a walk around 2, but he cried so much when I put him in the stroller that I pulled him out and stripped off all our outside clothes. He stumbled around, whining. Finally, around 4:30 I gave him some tylenol. I tried to teach him the sign for 'medicine', but it's too close to his sign for 'more'. (Medicine is one hand out flat, palm up and the index finger of the other hand traces a circle on the palm. I tried signing it, saying 'medicine' as I gave it to him, but he just started signing 'more' and cried when I put it away. I tried signing "more medicine" to show him the difference but it was a lost cause. I also gave him his soother - that made him so happy! He actually played a bit with his toys on his own!!
We had an early supper and bath, and he was asleep by 6:45. I went to bed at 8, but read until 9 and then fell asleep.
He woke at 4:20 and couldn't be persuaded to sleep again without milk, so I nursed him. Boy, the sounds of glee he made when I offered him milk were funny! He's stopped signing for milk in the night, which makes me both happy and sad. He babbled to himself for a while after I put him back in bed. Around 6, I tiptoed in and put his blanket back on. He was up for the day 20 minutes later. I pulled him in with me for a bit, but then he got slappy and jumpy, so I changed him and we came downstairs.
Pears and scrambled eggs for breakfast, then he watched TV while I put out the Christmas decorations. Went up to have a shower a little after 9, and the little bugger discovered a new game - lets pitch all the books over the baby gate and down the stairs! Oh, he had great fun with that. But I got a shower, which was heaven, especially since I didn't have one yesterday.
Put him down for a nap around 9:30. It's 11:30 now and he's still asleep! Hopefully we can make it out for a walk after lunch. We've been cooped up in the house for too long now.
Ugh. Well, I suppose I should send the signed quote back to the cheap roofers so they'll come fix our chimney at some point, right? they pissed me off and I spaced on sending it back to them right away. The note they had attached to it said to contact them right away so they could fit us in this year. I called them and there was no answer - and no answering machine - so I sent an email. I got a very snarky response back saying there was always voice mail and what time did I call, anyway? (During business hours, I checked.) And that I needed to mail them the signed contract in order for them to put us on the list. So I fumed and put it aside. Well, it's still sitting on my desk. Not good, huh.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment