Monday, November 12, 2007

November 12, 2007

Looooong day!


Elliot was up at 3:15. I nursed him back to sleep but he wouldn't stay asleep. He was babbling and playing. I tried nursing him again around4 and it seemed to settle him a bit... he finally fell silent around 4:45 and I woke up to check on him at 5:05. Then we got up together at 7:15.

While waiting for him to go to sleep, I took another test - yep, still preggers!

Got up, had breakfast (scrambled eggs and blueberry/cranberry muffins) and then got super bundled up and headed to the grocery store. (It was minus 3 here). Came home, big poop and had a nap. 45 minutes later, he was crying. i rocked him and he fell asleep again and slept for another hour and a half - he didn't get up until 1!

While he was asleep, I made lasagna.

Around 12:45, your dad came over. Last night, the living room light stopped working, so I used this opportunity to get your dad's help - we replaced the bulbs, but that wasn't the problem. We turned off the power and removed the plate and checked the wiring - that wasn't the problem. Turns out, the switch itself was faulty and broken.

Got home just before 5, put the lasagna in to bake and your dad fixed the light. All the bulbs are in it now and it's so bright in there! It's a slightly different switch - it turns on and off instead of pushing, but it still has the dimmer. They left by 5:15 and J and D showed up by 5:25.

I asked J if he could change the cat litter because I wasn't allowed - he looked at my funny and then D jumps in with "You're pregnant??!" They're both very excited. (I didn't tell anyone else, well, just M. And M. And E. And my message board girls. But everyone knows it's a secret for now.)

Went to class. Got a 90.5 on my exam - I'm pleased. The questions I guessed at, I pretty much got wrong. And a few others. This gives me a 93.3 course average so far. We started computerized stuff tonight. I'm good at it - once we finished the questions, we could leave. I was out of there by 8 and home by 8:15. Sweet!

There. That's our whole day.

No comments: