Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November 27, 2007

Well, last night was interesting, to say the least. Elliot woke at 11:50 and wanted milk. I said no. He cried. I went and got him some water, which he drank a bit of. I rocked him until he was calm and put him down around 12:20. He was quiet for about half an hour, then started crying again. Again, he wanted milk but I offered water and he cried, but drank it. Rocked him until he was calm, put him down around 1. Quiet for 30 minutes or so and crying again. (Each time, I let him cry for 3-4 minutes to see if he'd settle on his own - no such luck.) I again told him that milk was all gone but that there was water. He was pretty tired by now and within 15 minutes, he was in a deep sleep in my arms. Put him in bed, fell asleep myself and he slept until almost 6:30. I nursed him then and he was very happy. I tried to get him back to sleep, but he was having none of that. He did play in his bed until 7, though. Changed him and we came downstairs.

He ate a whole banana (minus 2 small bites for me) and a bowl of cheerios & milk. I had some grapes and laid down on the couch. Then had some toast and laid down on the couch. Then I had a bowl of cereal and laid down on the couch. So far, no nausea! YAY!

It's rainy & windy here today, but if it calms down, we're supposed to go for a walk with M & S. And K is coming over for a sleepover again tonight. Hopefully the boy behaves!

Trying to keep him awake for another hour, but I think my chances of that are slim. We're both very tired.

~~
7:30

We both went down for a nap at 10. I slept until 11:30, then lazed in bed until noon and went for a shower. Elliot got up just before 12:30. We had lunch (avocado, cheese, rice cake, milk, water, yogurt) then went to Tim Horton's because I desperately wanted their turkey bacon club with honey mustard sauce. (YUM!!!) Then we headed over for our playdate.

The kids had a rough start - Elliot doing his death grip loving and S pin-wheeling her arms and shrieking when he touched her toys. But after a bit, they were playing nicely together. We'd set up a kiddy tent for them and put pillows and blankets and snacks in there. They had a blast!

We left a little after 3 and went for some groceries, and got home just before 4. Elliot filled his diaper as soon as we got in the house. Then we played and I ate wheat thins with cream cheese (another YUM!) At one point, he was very quiet, so I snuck over to the couch and just watched him. He was playing with blocks, then reading books, then finding cars... he didn't see me the whole time. He found his bus and firetruck and took off (a slippery mess to get out of, books and toys everywhere!) He went straight to my chair at the computer, but I wasn't there. He wandered out into the kitchen and started to babble a bit. He came down the hall and back into the living room... finally he saw me on the couch and came running over with the bus and firetruck to show me!

Then we cleaned up all the toys and waited for K to get here, and she arrived at 6. We had supper - peas, rice, chicken/tofu/veggie soup, water, grapes, melon & applesauce. Then it was bath time. K came up with us to chat and hang out.

He had great fun filling his blue & red boat with water then standing up and letting it all run back out. Then he squatted down to fill it up again and didn't come back up - sure enough, he started to poop! I scooped him up and sat him on the toilet, but noticed too late that it had already all come out in the tub. And that he still had his water-logged boat in his hands. K sopped up the water with a towel and we let him hang out on the toilet for a bit (note to self - get seat insert so he doesn't fall in). Then I held him at the head of the tub while K, bless her heart, scooped out the turds with the container and then we picked up all the toys and drained the tub (with Elliot still in it.) Then I rinsed out the tub and filled it again to finish the bath. (I hadn't soaped him yet.) He pulled the plug before I could completely rinse him off, so I used the shower part to spray him down - he LOVED that!!! Totally fascinated!

Then we curled up on our bed and read a book - Blue Hat, Green Hat - and I nursed him while K came downstairs to start the supper (pizza) and do dishes. I dropped his soother just as I was trying to put it in his mouth and it hit the floor with a crash. So I got the spare and nursed him a bit more, because of course he was instantly awake. I rocked him and he closed his eyes and was out. Put him in bed and eased my way out. Cleaned up the bathroom a bit (will have to disinfect the tub & toys again tomorrow) and then remembered I should air out the guest room for K - another loud noise when I pushed open the door. But he stayed asleep and we haven't heard a peep out of him yet!!

I'm super tired today. Been winning the fight with the nausea, but I 'm sure that's just for today. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day!

Ok, gonna have some food & conversation and go to bed...

No comments: