Thursday, November 15, 2007

November 15, 2007

So incredibly bleary eyed this morning. It was close to 11 before I got to bed. Elliot started with his "come fix it-i don't like it" whine/cry at 3:20. Sure enough, his onesie, sleeper, sheet and mattress cover were soaked. The diaper (disposable) had gaped and he was wet and cold. He cried the whole time I changed him and the bed. (Well, by time I got to the bed he was more interested since it became a carnival ride because I didn't want to put him on the floor. ) Nursed him and he went back to sleep around 4 until 6:30. Then he babbled and played in his room until almost 7 when he started crying again. This time with a poopy diaper. Changed that, rocked him for a bit and put him back in his crib. I got to lay back down for almost 10 minutes before I heard him again. He played until 7:30 when he wanted to get out.

Now we're downstairs and about to have breakfast. He's whiny today. Gonna be fun!

~~~
12pm

Had breakfast - pears, oatmeal with raisins, milk, cheerios - and then watched Poko & Lunar Jim and headed up for a change and a nap for both of us. Got up at 11:30 and are just trudging around downstairs. Think I'll get dressed, load up and head over to the office to pick up my cheque. Maybe get a sandwich at Local Joes, even though the fridge is full of leftovers. Nah, maybe just a chai...

*yawn*


~~~
2:45

Had a snack - apple yogurt for him, lasagna for me - then headed out to get my cheque. Had a nice little visit. The potted tree in their office had lost a lot of leaves - Elliot picked them all up one by one and put them in the garbage. Then we came home, fed him more lunch - avocado, muffin, cheese, milk, water - then went to play upstairs so I could have a looooooooong shower.

~~~
10:30


Headed to bed in a few... Had a rough afternoon with the boy. Thought he broke my nose and while I was recovering he bite my leg hard enough to leave a welt. Not sure what he was on about - maybe he was bored or hungry or in pain or something.

M came by around 6, while Elliot was having his supper (chicken noodle rice veggie soup, rice, peas, watermelon, applesauce milk, water) and she puttered around the kitchen and then played with Elliot while I got his bath ready. Had a nice bath, M was there cheering him on. She gave him goodnight kisses and we read our book and had milk and went to sleep.

She tidied up downstairs and cooked me supper, then we curled up and watched Premonition and drank sparkling apple juice. We chatted and had dessert (lemon cheesecake) and then she did my dishes while I did some rearranging in the cupboards and then we tackled turning the carseat from rear-facing to forward facing - a simple procedure made very difficult by crappy diagrams in the booklet. But it's all set now, safe and secure.

No comments: