Friday, November 9, 2007

November 9, 2007

Well, I suppose I should finish out yesterday, huh?

Elliot had a 3 hour nap again - he woke up around 12:30. I used that time to get some laundry and cleaning done. I also made a kick-ass chicken/veggie/noodle/rice soup. Yum!

Had a playdate. Unfortunately, Elliot was having a bad tooth day and he bit his friend. I don't think he entirely meant to - he leaned in to give her a kiss and I think he took the opportunity to press his teeth into her head - it wasn't a chomp like he did last time. She shrieked and cried for quite a while and Elliot cried a bit, too. I think he realized a little what he had done. He got scolded, of course.

Went for a walk to the natural food store before supper. Elliot made lots of friends, like he usually does. I had him in the Ergo, and he kept saying 'yeah', so I'd say it back to him and we walked around like a couple of idiots.

K came over just before 6. We played for a bit then Elliot had supper (sweet potato, rice, broccoli, juice, water, applesauce) he was tired and cranky and seemed to be in pain - he didn't want to eat the sweet potato after a while. He had a massive scary coughing fit again. Threw up in his mouth a couple of times but swallowed in back down, the gross little bugger! Had an uneventful bath (until he peed as we were draining the water.) The we all curled up on our bed and red "Green Hat, Blue Hat". He fell asleep easily. (Yes, I drugged him, poor thing.)

K did the dishes while I tidied up. We put a frozen pizza in the over and ate it with salad and we split a can of coke. She gave me a back/neck/head rub while we talked about the direction her life is going. She and soon-to-be-ex have come to a bit of an agreement - they're starting to split of their assets and expenses and household items. It's still very rocky and he is still being a dick, but they seem to be making headway.

Elliot fussed around 8, but i gave him his soother and rocked him and he fell back to sleep. K and I went to bed around 9:30 (we're so old!!) and Elliot had another restless night. He was crying around 1, but was still laying down when I got in there. I put his soother in and he settled immediately. He was up again just before 4, but again, I rocked him back to sleep. That lasted about 20 minutes, though, so I brought him in and nursed him. He drank for a long time then fell asleep, so I carried him back to his bed. We all slept until 7:15 or so.

Breakfast was yummy today! Coffee for mama and K, along with scrambled eggs, pears, milk and juice. Elliot gobbled it all down! Then we said goodbye to K who had to run to catch the bus. Elliot watched Poko (He calls it Po-o) and Lunar Jim and then we played for a bit then went upstairs. He played in the hall while I had a shower and then we changed him and he went down for a nap at 10:30.

And here I am, typing it all out... :)


On the agenda for today:
Few more groceries (cranberry juice in particular)
Play date
The Movie Channel is having a free preview weekend starting at 7 tonight, so I'm excited about that.

A funny story from this morning: When I was putting Elliot down for his nap, Bailey started doing her little meowing routine. I was so mad at her, but Elliot fell asleep anyway. I could see Melon camped out in the hallway, but didn't see Bailey. I figured she had gone downstairs. I went down to start cleaning up and could still hear her through the monitor. Yep, sure enough, I had locked her in the guest room when I closed the door to Elliot-proof the hallway so I could have my shower. She was very happy to be let out!

Elliot had a 2 hour nap. I watched TV. (Should have napped, I know!) He woke up, I changed him, we came downstairs and I started getting his lunch ready. Within 5 minutes, he'd filled his diaper, so up we went again. Lunch was good - soup from yesterday, avocado, yogurt, juice and water. Then we waited for our friends to arrive.

We decided to try the double stroller, so I dragged it outside. (I got grease all over my jeans in the process, bummer!) and we loaded the kiddos in and off we went.

Had a nice afternoon at the mall. The double stroller just fits through the main doors, and larger stores like Sears and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. We got coffee and I bought a onsie at Sears. I wanted to buy a toilet-seat baby proofing thingy, but they didn't have any. We came home and Elliot played for a while.

I was researching charting software online when Elliot started fussing. He had been playing with the curtains. He started squawking so I went to investigate. He was on his belly between the heater and the hope chest, and he was stuck - the heater valve & pipe were on one side of his neck and the fold up play car was on the other side. Luckily, the heater was only slightly warm.

Then he went into the kitchen and was playing with the rolling cart. I heard a bang and he started crying again. He'd backed himself into the pot cupboard and had pulled the cart in to himself. He scratched his forehead and bumped the back of his head on the door handle. Poor munchkin!!!

He had supper (burned freezer soup, cheese, rice, water, applesauce) and then we had a nice bath and read The Going To Bed Book. Sure enough, he started rocking back and forth as we turned to the last page, before I could even read it! He nursed ok then fell asleep.

I'm trying an experiment tonight - he's in a cloth diaper, so we'll see how that goes! I took a large Fuzzi Bunz with it's regular microfibre insert and added a thick hemp insert in the pocket. Then I put the fleece-topped hemp insert in next to his skin. It was able to snap up to the tightest setting, but it's bulky. Fingers crossed for no leaks and a restful boy!!

Elliot did a somersault today! He's been doing little head stands in his bed while waiting for me to change him, and I've taken to flipping him over onto his back that way. Today he was playing around with it in his bed and kicked his legs and over he went. Now I have to worry about him snapping his neck in there!! I guess babies are flexible for a reason...

I watched all my shows from last night today. Nothing on tonight, but I did program the DVR to record a bunch of stuff from the free Movie Network preview weekend.

Ugh. Must got to bed now. Very sleepy. Let's hope there's a positive preggers test in the morning to explain this fatigue!!!

No comments: