Tuesday, November 20, 2007

November 20, 2007

Just finished supper. Elliot has been crazy baby for most of the day.

Up at 6am for the day. Had breakfast then rushed out the door with mom to drop J at school then we went for coffee, then stopped at Frenchy's, then got back here to put him down for a nap at 10. He slept until 11:30 (I got to nap until 11 myself) then we played and had lunch then got dressed really warm and walked to the mall (using the umbrella stroller). I found a pair of jeans and a sweater and we walked around for a bit - I put him on all the kiddy rides (boats, buses, cars, merry-go-round) and let him play, even though I had no coins to make them go.

We were getting ready to leave and mom showed up, so we got a ride home. Before we left, we stopped into Payless Shoes for mom. I put Elliot down and he went running around the aisles. He scrambled around one corner and missed the turn - slammed right into the full length mirror. Bumped his nose - there were some tears but not bad.

Came home and he went tearing down the hall, but wasn't looking so ran right into the edge of the door frame to J's room. Lots of tears, and a big bump and a mark, even. Will be another bruise for sure. The one on the centre of his forehead from home is just healing,now he has this one right next to it.

Trying to baby proof this place is impossible. Mom and J forget doors open and I've also caught him in the garbage and with the container of Comet a few times. I finally twist tied the cupboard doors together. It's like a bandaid, but it helps. He's been telling off all his toys, really jabbering up a storm.

I'm exhausted and not sure why I came here. I'd have gotten more rest at home. But I can't complain, I guess. He's just non stop and it's so much work. Mom keeps saying "He's so busy. He doesn't stop"... umm, yeah. I know. I can see it. I'm right there with him, chasing him and putting the dirt back in the plants and moving things that people keep putting down in the way.

Letting him play for now then will put him to bed, wash some diapers and do my homework from the classes I've missed and head to bed myself. Mom wants to curl up and watch a movie, so we'll see.

No comments: