Friday, November 23, 2007

November 23, 2007

Ahhhhhhhh, home at last!

I made it to bed by 11 last night. Elliot slept well until just before 5, woke to nurse, fell back to sleep for 45 minutes then was up for the day at 5:45. Blerg!!!!!!! We raced around mom's trying to get ready in time to leave so he could have his nap. Kept him up until just 10 when we finished loading the car, packed him in and he was asleep within 10 minutes. But he only slept for 1.5 hours, the bugger.

We stopped for lunch on the way up. Had a bit of gross chicken and fries and ate half of mom's fish & chips. Elliot had a grilled cheese sandwich, and some yogurt I brought with us. Made it back home by 2pm. Elliot was so thrilled to be home!!!! He ran from room to room whooping and babbling.

The house smelled funky - sour milk in the recycling bin and someone cleaned the cat litter and put it in the downstairs garbage can. So I opened windows and lit my scented candle in the kitchen. Elliot ran from the dining room window to the living room window, giving them a good 'what for'.

Elliot had a good supper - pasta & sauce, sweet potato, milk, water, applesauce - and then we went up for a bath. We read "Hungry Little Caterpillar" and he nursed and fell asleep instantly. I came downstairs, made myself some pasta with cheese, pepper and butter.

Now I'm gonna curl up and watch the shows that taped all week and head to bed. SO TIRED!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: