I'm debating whether to wean or tandem nurse. I want to do both, which isn't exactly possible. We're only nursing 3-4 times per day now - but one of those times is in the night. My supply is adequate at the moment. He takes whole milk in a sippy or bottle as well, but only in small amounts at a time (1-2 oz).
He's so rough that I'm not sure how easy it would be to nurse as this pregnancy progresses. I also am concerned how he will react to a new baby, especially one who is drinking HIS milk.
But I enjoy nursing. I don't want to loose the benefits or the closeness of it. But I can see how it will get more difficult as time passes.
I guess I should wait it out, see how my milk holds up... or I could drop that 4th nursing session (afternoon) and see how he does, gradually getting him down to twice per day (am & pm) and then waiting out the milk supply.
But what if I wean and then regret it? Re-lactation while prego can't be easy, and reintroducing it once the new baby arrives poses all kinds of other problems and questions.
*sigh*
Can someone just tell me what to do, please???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment