Made it to mom's by 6:30 last night. Elliot was such a good boy in the car - he didn't nap at all and only pitched a few tiny fits. We stopped about an hour away at the Tim Hortons to let him run around a bit. It was dark, he hadn't had real food since lunch, but all in all, I'm so proud of how well he traveled.
Mom knows about BabyBoo - I didn't plan to tell her but she outright asked me and I couldn't lie. She's very happy! We arrived here, dragged all our bags upstairs, and I made Elliot some supper (star pasta in tomato sauce and green beans, and some yogurt) and we had a bath and I tried to get him to sleep. It was later than usual, he was over stimulated and it was a new place, so it took a long time. I forgot to bring the white noise machine and so the second time he started screaming, I took a radio and out it on a static channel and that seemed to help. He finally fell asleep at 8:20, on my bed. I waited a few minutes then eased him into his playpen. (Borrowed from Jen's friend) and backed out of the room. I stayed up for another hour, then got myself ready for bed. As I was coming out of the bathroom, I heard a really loud buzzing sound (like a fluorescent light on the fritz) and ran to our room - the radio was going crazy! He was still asleep though, go figure! I unplugged the radio and crawled into bed. He started crying then, of course. He fell asleep on my bed again, and again, I eased him into his bed. He was a restless, noisy sleeper and was awake a few times, but found his soother and went back to sleep easily. Woke to nurse at 5 and fell asleep in my bed again. I put him back in his and he started babbling and cooing, but I *think* he was still asleep. Eventually he must have drifted off and I woke up a while later!
We got up at 7 for the day. Had pancakes and pears and cheerios & milk for breakfast. Been playing with pots & pans and cupboards and exploring. Going to go get some groceries with Jen once he's down for his nap in half and hour or so.
Funny story from last night - he pooped just before his bath and I flicked it into the toilet as usual. After his bath, I needed to rinse out the bucket mom gave me to soak the poopy diapers in. I thought I'd use the bum cloth - but it wasn't in the diaper and I couldn't find it anywhere... I think i flushed it!!!! Scary and funny.... there have been no problems with the toilet, so I guess that's a good thing!
Ok, better run. Not sure how much I'll be able to update this week... Mom's place is a baby death trap and her computer is rather crappy. Also, there's no auto-spell check and since I don't watch when I'm typing, I bet this is full of typos...
7:30
Dude is asleep! He had a nap from 10:30-12:30 this morning and I took that time to go get some groceries and coffee and lunch with Jen. We got back a few minutes after he got up - Mom was changing his diaper, and then I fed him lunch and we packed up and mom took us out to the cabin for a half hour or so. Wouldn't you know it, I ran into a snake AGAIN! Mom says she hardly ever sees them, and it's freaking NOVEMBER - don't they hibernate or something? Elliot had a blast running around outside in the leaves and dirt and trees.
Then we went to Jen's and I tried to contain him and have a manicure. We did it, but boy, it was tough. I should have napped when he did this morning - I had almost no patience left with him. Dad came to Jen's at 4 and we geared up to go for supper. Went to this little mom & pop place about 15 minutes out of town. Elliot was such a good boy. And yes, I caved and told dad about the baby, too. I suck at this!!! I'm done telling, for now. Until you're home.
Came home, fed Elliot some more supper (he had turkey and veggies at the restaurant and more veggies when we got back) and then gave him his bath and he went to sleep - not easily, but certainly not the struggle we had last night. I plugged the fan in and pointed it at the wall so it should give a more continuous white noise for him.
Gonna read a bit and head to bed myself...
*mwa*
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment